Exploring Sardinia: 10 Must-Visit Places and Things to Do, Italy
Sardinia, an island in the Mediterranean Sea, is a beautiful destination that offers a diverse range of activities and attractions for travelers.
Here are some of the best places to visit in Sardinia and things to do:
- Cala Luna: Cala Luna is a stunning beach located on the eastern coast of Sardinia. The turquoise waters, white sand, and limestone cliffs make it a must-visit destination.
- Costa Smeralda: Costa Smeralda is a glamorous destination located in the north-eastern part of Sardinia. It is known for its luxury resorts, yacht clubs, and designer shops.
- La Maddalena Archipelago: La Maddalena Archipelago is a group of islands located in the north-eastern part of Sardinia. It is a protected marine area and a popular destination for snorkeling and diving.
- Alghero: Alghero is a charming coastal town located on the northwest coast of Sardinia. It has a rich history and culture, with influences from the Catalan and Italian traditions.
- Su Nuraxi: Su Nuraxi is an ancient nuragic village located in the central part of Sardinia. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and provides a glimpse into Sardinia's prehistoric past.
- Grotta di Nettuno: Grotta di Nettuno is a stunning sea cave located on the west coast of Sardinia. It is accessible by boat or through a staircase that leads down to the cave entrance.
- Isola dell'Asinara: Isola dell'Asinara is a small island located in the north-western part of Sardinia. It is a national park and a protected area that is home to a variety of wildlife, including the rare Albino donkey.
- Cagliari: Cagliari is the capital city of Sardinia, located in the south of the island. It has a rich history, with influences from the Phoenicians, Romans, and Spanish.
- Nuraghe Losa: Nuraghe Losa is another ancient nuragic village located in the central part of Sardinia. It is a well-preserved site and provides a fascinating insight into Sardinia's ancient past.
- Monte Ortobene: Monte Ortobene is a mountain located in the north-eastern part of Sardinia. It offers spectacular views of the surrounding area and is a popular destination for hiking and trekking.
Sardinia is a beautiful destination that offers a wide range of activities and attractions for travelers. Whether you're interested in beaches, history, culture, or nature, Sardinia has something to offer everyone.
Which part of Sardinia has the nicest beaches?
Sardinia is famous for its stunning beaches, and it's difficult to choose just one part of the island as having the nicest beaches, as each area has its unique charms. However, some of the most popular and well-known beach destinations in Sardinia are:
- Costa Smeralda: Located in the north-eastern part of the island, Costa Smeralda is known for its crystal clear waters, white sand beaches, and luxury resorts. Some of the most famous beaches in this area include Spiaggia del Principe, Capriccioli, and Cala di Volpe.
- La Maddalena: A group of islands located in the north of Sardinia, La Maddalena boasts some of the most beautiful and unspoiled beaches in Italy. Some of the most popular beaches in the area include Spiaggia Rosa, Cala Corsara, and Spiaggia di Budelli.
- Chia: Located in the south of Sardinia, Chia is known for its stunning white sand beaches and crystal clear waters. Some of the most popular beaches in this area include Su Giudeu, Tuerredda, and Cala Cipolla.
- Villasimius: Located in the south-eastern part of the island, Villasimius is known for its long stretches of white sand beaches and turquoise waters. Some of the most popular beaches in this area include Punta Molentis, Simius, and Porto Giunco.
Sardinia has a wealth of beautiful beaches, and no matter which part of the island you visit, you're sure to find a beach that suits your preferences.